Tire Specialist - Job Description
Sells tires, automotive accessories, service repairs and preventative maintenance with the goal of ensuring customer satisfaction. Assesses customer needs for tires, services and other products, accurately and effectively responding to questions and resolving issues.
All employees are expected to demonstrate core behaviors that help us provide the level of service that customers expect here at Arizona Tire Pros.
- Drive- Self-motivated to take action and to do more than what is expected in order to deliver excellent service
- Desire to Learn- Actively seeks to build or acquire new knowledge in order to improve and develop skills.
- Detail Orientation- Completes tasks accurately, thoroughly and with an eye toward quality, and in accordance with established processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sells tires, automotive accessories, service repairs and preventative maintenance to satisfy customer’s needs.
- Auto enthusiasm! A desire to see cars and trucks fitted with a fresh set of wheels and tires!
- Some wheel knowledge (fitment/bolt patterns)
- Tire knowledge
- Determines and addresses the customer’s needs, problems, complaints, requests, questions, and deadlines, listening effectively to understand and communicate pertinent subject matter in a business-like manner to both customers and employees.
- Knows, understands, and performs general service duties, and learns and maintains current product knowledge on all tires, service and other product lines that are represented, as well as those of competitors, in order to effectively serve customers and to accurately respond to questions both over the phone and at the store.
- Verifies with the service department that the appropriate services have been completed. Prepares accurate estimates and billings for customers.
- Invoices customers using proper procedures for cash, charge, credit, employee, fleet and national accounts.
- Directs the service department in the diagnosing of the customer’s needs through the appropriate products and services.
- Willingly provides superior customer service levels that exceed customer expectations while staying within company policies and guidelines.
- Builds a loyal customer base by establishing a trusting relationship founded on integrity and fairness. Demonstrates a sincere concern for customers.
- Presents a warm, friendly, knowledgeable and professional image to customers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform and enjoy each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in the automotive service industry is required.
- Must hold valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS and REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and the ability to draw and interpret graphs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work standing for extended periods of time or all day. Frequently moves, lifts and sets up tire and product displays up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly bends and crouches to maneuver underneath the hood or undercarriage of a vehicle to point out problems/repairs to customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee regularly works 40 hours per week.
- The employee regularly works Monday - Friday and every other Saturday.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and chemicals.
- The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and combustibles.
- Fast paced working environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.